Tuesday 28 April 2009

Some People Think I'm Bonkers

..for liking the new single by Dizzee Rascal. Now I may not be the most lucid of them all, but I'm sane enough to recognise a good tune. And that, this track most certainly is.




Ok, so he may have sold out by adding more electro-induced sounds, but it's definitely a lot more inviting than many other grime artists I know of (which ain't a lot to be fair). You don't necessarily have to be a fan of hip-hop to like this track either; there's no bitches and hoes, pimpin' or any of that malarky, just a good bassline and irritatingly catchy lyrics.

One of his best? Possibly.

He's definitely a strong contender for my Glastonbury to- watch list at any rate- who's with me?

3 comments:

  1. No...
    Clearly you can't recognise a good tune.
    This is probably the biggest pile of steaming crap I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon- Fair enough, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.
    I bloody love Dizzee's stuff, missed him at Glasto though unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sum peepuw fink am bonkers!"

    No, I just think you're shit.

    ReplyDelete