Friday 11 June 2010

Surrender to the Scandinavian Shiver

This is gorgeous and precisely the reason why I adore Miss Olof Arnalds.



Whenever I say to people that a have a zest for foreign and Scandinavian music, I'm often greeted with looks of bewilderment. Even after the successes of Sigur Ros and Mum in the Western alternative music scene, it seems that this unique style of music is still left in the background. Shame really. Sometimes a small voice is all you need to make the most deafening noise; or at the very least a shiver down your spine, something which virtuosos like Olof demonstrate with ease. But I dare the naysayers and, indeed you, to listen to this and prove me wrong.

I'm not a huge Bjork fan I must say, her voice kinda rubs me the wrong way at times, but on top of this ambient acoustic melody it's almost perfect.

If that has got you wanting more then there's a mighty fine EP of hers available to stream on Spotify. Check it out mofos.

No comments:

Post a Comment