Thursday 28 October 2010

"Something as Simple as Rock'n'Roll Could Save Us All.."

Since I'm in a new music mood, I thought I'd show you what was arguably the anthem of the summer, even before its release.

If you've been out and about on the festival circuit this year then you'll have noticed a certain Winchester lad popping up time and time again to bring you more anthemic tunes than you can shake a stick at, in the rocky troubadour stylings that have sent him rocketing into mainstream success. Of course I could only be talking about one Frank Turner. It's a bit weird hearing a brand new song on the radio and knowing the words to it, but it doesn't matter how many times I hear this song, it still sends shivers down my spine (as much of his work seems to do). I don't think I need to justify my fan girlsmanship though, as the video kind of speaks for itself:



One of his best so far I reckon.

Although his new LP won't be released until next spring, this track along with a couple of other new ones will be on a shiny new EP, set to be released on 6th December. Or, if you can't wait that long, you can buy the track now on iTunes and preorder the EP from here.

2 comments: