Thursday 4 November 2010

Rise and Shine

Wakey wakey! I trust we're all bright eyed and bushy tailed yes?

What?
You're not??

Why, you'd better take a look at this then and see if it can help dust off the cobwebs:

Jónsi - Go Do [Acoustic] - Live at Origami from plastic pearl on Vimeo.

There, any better?

Every day should start with Jonsi.

I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing this man sing. Stunning. I love the way in which the crowd is hanging on his every indistinguishable word as well, I bet the atmosphere was incredible. To me that's what real music is about- any sound that can make a large crowd fall silent without the music being mind numbingly boring must be pretty powerful.

I splurged a bit and bought tickets to see him at Hammersmith Apollo, even though I already saw him in Bristol not too long ago. It's not every day that music as breathtaking as this comes into town (or at least that's my excuse).

If you want to catch him while he's still in the UK then be quick as his Hammersmith date is the last one over here for this tour. He's also playing Tokyo, Brussels and Washington if you're that obsessed (thankfully I'm not quite there yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment