Saturday 19 February 2011

Sigur Ros Reunion?

I was in the middle of finishing a post on my verdict of the new Radiohead album (like the rest of the world's music bloggers I'm sure), when I discovered a piece of information that could put the spring back in the step of the many Sigur Ros fans longing for an end to their 'indefinite hiatus.' That's right, Jonsi, Georg, Kjartan and Orri are allegedly set to pick up from where they left off and return to the studio.


According to a tweet sent to @HeavenSentTNT by Jonsi's online staff, "Sigur Ros [are] in the studio during 2011 :)," meaning that Jonsi will be back to what he does best, making beautiful music with his pals in Sigur Ros. Now don't get me wrong, I ADORE Jonsi's solo work; his colourful 'joy de vivre' shown throughout Go Do is truly stunning and certainly distinctive to SR's previous work, but for me, nothing beats the calming, therapeutic vibes that Sigur Ros alone can create. After being an avid listener to the Icelandic troupe for years, they're still my go-to band if I want to relax and just get lost in music.

Not much has been let slip about what is to come of the studiotime, but one can only hope that they continue to enchant us all with music that is both inspiring and otherworldly. Watch this space.


If you've yet to hear Sigur Ros, then where have you been? Check them out here:

No comments:

Post a Comment