Saturday 9 May 2009

Magnetic Attraction

Lame title I know, but I'm running low on creativity this week.

I may be a little behind the hype, but I just HAD to blog about The Magnetic Fields. They are truly brilliant in the way that they sound both enlightening and miserable at the same time.

I love it.

The Magnetic Fields sound like
Joy Division being injected with prozac and rainbows whilst being beaten up by The Pet Shop Boys- some day huh? Still, if you listen to the track below you'll see what I mean. There's also something slightly Mouldy Peaches about them too, not sure whether it's the bemusing lyrics or just the vocalist's voice, but I can't seem to shake the comparison on some of their tracks.

What do you crazy folks think?


1 comment:

  1. nice blog!
    I've only recently discovered these guys. I supposse I'm a bit behind.
    They're so good!
    Once I have money I'm thinking about buying myself a copy of 69 love songs.

    ReplyDelete