Friday 29 May 2009

Sigur Ros- New Album?

So, in my weekly e-mail from NME about what hype band everyone is obsessing about lately and what drugs Amy and Pete have been gobbling like sweets, I found a snippet of news regarding 'slow motion heavy metal' (their words, not mine) band Sigur Ros. The band have said on their website that they are putting the finishing touches to their follow up to the amazing Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust- dare you to say it three times fast! The drummer in the band, with an equally unpronounceable name, Orri Páll DýRason revealed that the album would be "much less noisy" than previous releases, and feature an altogether more abstract vibe. I for one can't wait to hear it, I've been playing Med... on repeat whenever I'm feeling down or just need that time to chillax and think, I just hope that their new offering will be just as beautiful.


Was this just an excuse to post some Sigur Ros?



HELL YES.




1 comment: