Sunday 21 June 2009

Peaches and Cream

In my next Pre-Glasto post I will be focusing on my Sunday night headliner choice, and boy was it a tough decision: Blur and The Prodigy are both playing at the same time as this electroclash vixen, it was like Sophie's Choice I'm telling you, only without the Nazis.

I LOVE Peaches.



Now, if you're a newcomer into the realm of Peaches or Electro in itself, you should know that Peaches is one of the staples of the Electroclash genre, admired by many for making sexy, danceable songs with lyrics suggesting she really doesn't give a fuck. Peaches just seems to ooze that charm that is lacking in most of today's electropop twaddle (see Lady Ga Ga) : she is cool. She's also different to the sea of synthpop about at the minute, a refreshing respite from all the saccharine coated music coming from bands who just want their music to be on the next series of Skins. Think a slightly more rough and ready version of Little Boots and you'll start to get a glimpse of what Peaches' music is like.



Peaches is the matriarch in the electro dynasty , and at the grand age of 42 she shows no signs of abdicating any time soon. New album
I Feel Cream is just as edgy as one would come to expect from an artist whose previous tracks include Fuck the Pain Away (one of the best tracks she's ever done in my opinion). But it's not just about the innuendo; there are a few epic chooons in there too. Trick or Treat is one of the less explicit tracks and has an intensely catchy riff or two, designed to make for a great club track, whilst More is very 80's and reminds me of many a retro video game, which can only be a good thing.




She may be a Marmite artist, but I for one will definitely be as close as I can get to the front next Sunday, I think she's bloody brilliant.





N.B This video is a bit odd, but then so is the song so I guess it makes some sort of sense.

1 comment:

  1. It does make sense. As usual great post. Stop by http://eachotherskeeper.blogspot.com to say hi :)

    ReplyDelete