Friday 29 January 2010

Happy Friday folks.

Fancy a chilled out track to ease yourself into the weekend?

You do?

Good.




I have to say, I am utterly exhausted. This month has really taken its toll on me, which may account for the lack of meaty posts. Fear not though, I have a few things in the pipeline for February, not to mention a particularly scathing rant about valentine's day. Hurrah.

In the meantime though, enjoy this chilled out track from the effervescent Magnetic Fields. You could do no better than buy their new album, Realism. It's almost on a par with their epic 69 Love Songs, (it's not as sappy as it sounds, the dark undertones are almost overwhelming at times; it's brilliant) which is rather surprising considering their last album was somewhat of a disappointment. This is one of my favourite songs from Realism, very bittersweet (and I'm still astounded by just how low Stephen Meritt's voice actually gets, I have yet to hear a bass match him for sheer sonority!). Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment