Wednesday 10 February 2010

I Don't Like Your Band

For anyone who loved the sleek synthpop of Little Boots, La Roux and Ladyhawke last year, you'll be pleased to find that there's a new girl on the scene, shaped in the petite form of Annie.

I really love this photo.

Annie Berge Strand is a Norwegian DJ and electro singer that's destined to become the new darling of mainstream pop music. Annie has been around for a while, (I Know Ur Girlfriend Hates Me is her fourth release since starting in 1999) but judging by her latest offering it's only a matter of time before she's competing with the likes of Ellie Goulding and Marina and the Diamonds for the love of the masses.

I really like what I've heard from Annie, it's fun pop music that you can dance about to on a night out, particularly this little ditty (see below). I also think her stuff is, on the whole, a lot stronger than Little Boots' debut (and I rather enjoyed that), so should hopefully stand a better chance of making a dent in the charts than Miss Heskweth managed. Of course you could make comparisons with other female singer songwriters until the cows come home, but why bother? This is cleverly crafted electro that's as cheeky as anything Uffie has produced (who, in case you didn't know, also has a single out- go buy it, it's ace). Plus it's one of those songs that you find yourself whistling along to, which is never a bad thing..

Expect to be hearing from Annie soon. You have been warned.

1 comment:

  1. At first, I didn't know any of these artists. But then I start researching there music and now I am glad that I did.

    ReplyDelete