Wednesday 16 November 2011

New Album from Soko

It's hard to believe that Soko hasn't had an actual album out yet. She's been the poster girl for the French singer songwriter movement for a while now (see the playful angst of I'll Kill Her and the almost heartbreakingly sweet If You Break My Heart) but amazingly enough, she's yet to release a full album of her own. So after so much buzz about her on teh interwebz over the past few years, it's about time she show us all what she can do. Just as well she's (allegedly) bringing one out in February then.


After taking a break from music due to her self-proclaimed "death,"it appears that Soko is set to be resurrected with new album I Thought I Was an Alien. I think I speak for all of us when I say yay!

From the sounds of the teaser track which goes by the same name, I Thought.. is going to be a much more dreamy, whimsical incarnation of the Soko we (vaguely) know and love. I've got a good feeling that this album will be worth the wait and will give her the success she deserves- definitely one to watch out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment