Friday 26 December 2008

Glastonbury 09 Alert!

No Michael Eavis hasn't fallen down a well or anything, don't worry. My grandmother kindly took the time to send my family a newspaper cutting from that oh-so-credible newspaper The Sun, saying that Mr. Eavis has revealed some of the headliners for next year's festival.


That's right, they're back.

Michael Eavis has revealed that Britpop giants Blur will reform to headline Glastonbury 2009. To be honest, as thrilled as I am that Graham, Damon, Dave and Alex are getting back together in yet another band reunion, it's hardly very surprising. If you'd have asked me this time last year whether they would reform I would have put a tenner on that they would, and be raking it in. Sadly, I remain still a lowly teenager, one never thinks of these things at the time, does one? Anyway, the band, whose hits include the infamous Song 2 (below) and Girls and Boys will join the stage at wonderful Worthy Farm next year along with oldies Neil Young and Bruce Springstein.

Well, at least I know when to get a drink and check out Trash City..

No comments:

Post a Comment