Monday 6 October 2008

Oh, Darling!

Wow, I'm quite surprised I actually received a response to my query as stated previously. Thanks for the comments, means I at least have some sort of vague path I can follow for now.

As you can imagine, things have been pretty hectic at my house for the past week or so. We haven't managed to set the date for the funeral yet due to waiting for the death certificate, and everything seems to be breaking in our house. I know they say things come in threes, but I didn't think it actually worked like that. Anyway, amidst all the shambles, I managed to discover a nice new shiny band for your delight.
Or at least I think they're new, I don't tend to pay much attention these days.
But shiny they are.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Imagine actually being able to eat the clouds.
Then imagine that the clouds taste like candyfloss and you will have a true depiction of the chirpy twee that is Oh Darling. Taking influences from artists as diverse as The Pixies and Blondie, Oh Darling make sugary sweet 3 minute pop anthems so inoffensive even your gran would love them. Hell, even their album is called 'Nice, Nice.' With no news of a UK release (that I can find), it seems their sunshiny (yes, that's a word)music shall have to remain on the interweb for a bit longer. I would check out their Myspace though: www.myspace.com/ohdarlingmusic

However, this band should come with a warning lable: Extensive listening could cause severe toothache and/or nausea.

N.B This music is here to give people a sample of the music, if any artist wishes me to take it down please message me and I will do so immediately.

2 comments:

  1. This band is so cute I've never heard of them but I went to their myspace.
    I really love your blog,don't stop posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Maddie, I hope you're feeling a bit better now :). Hope you have a good day. See you Friday, keep going gal ;)!

    ReplyDelete