Sunday 25 January 2009

Down with Thatcher and, errm, the rest of them!

Regular readers (if there are any) would remember that I have been studying about Government and Politics for my A Levels. Those who remember this would probably also remember me bitching about it at every given opportunity. So, after 5 months of sitting in class struggling to pay attention to the monotonous drone of my teacher moaning about Labour and the Tories and pretty much everything else in between, I decided to give it up. I have been struggling with it for some time now and as I'm already doing well in my other subjects I thought it would reduce my stress levels (god knows they're high enough these days). It's been a week since I handed in the foolishly optimistic course drop form (It's bright yellow, may as well have bloody smiley faces all over it, it still won't make me any happier that I'm having to lose an A level), and I have to say, I feel somewhat liberated.


Never again will I have to watch the news and try and attempt to take it all in, never again will I have to think twice about my grammar before speaking in class, never will I have to miss valuable break time rushing to get to class or worrying that I'm a minute late and get locked out.



Rather aptly, this song has been in my head all week, one of their least overhyped records that I still quite like, enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Politics and religion suck piles. I use them as bait to get comments and ranting on my blog. It usually works with politics, not so much with religion lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to relate politics to what is going on in my life. I know that it does suck sometimes. Therefore, good luck with your new venture.

    ReplyDelete