Tuesday 6 January 2009

Throwing His Arms Around What Now?

After about 7 months of waiting, Stephen Morrissey has finally let us hear his next offering from forthcoming new album Years of Refusal. The track, dubbed I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris, is available to hear on his Myspace music stream as from this week.



I have to admit I was a little put out when I heard that Morrissey's new album was being held back for release until February, but then with his and Marr's Sound of The Smiths record also out towards the end of last year it didn't really make for good marketing. For those unsure if the Mozzfather's still got it, one need only listen to this track to know that he may be getting on a bit (Moz will turn 50 this year) but the witty, poignant lyrics are still there, not to mention the simultaneously wistful and catchy melodies.


And to all those lucky buggers who got tickets for his upcoming UK tour; I hate you.



Listen to his new single here:
Morrissey's Myspace
I'm Throwing.. is out on February 9th, whilst Years of Refusal is set to be released on February 23rd.

EDIT: Now there's a video too!


Morrissey - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment