Sunday 23 August 2009

I'm Not a Robot

In a year awash with female singer-songwriters, it's difficult to tell the good from the bad. I'm sorry, but Duffy and Adele sound too similar to me to tantalise my ears much, and I'm still making my mind up about Lady Gaga (she has a couple of good tracks but I can't help but feel angry whenever I listen to her for too long), there's just so many of them about these days that it's hard to find something truly refreshing. Of course Florence and Emmy both do a great job at just that, but I've now found a cross between the two, and she goes under the pseudonym Marina and the Diamonds.

Marina and the Diamonds


Ok, so she's not exactly unique, but she manages to combine the quirky lyrical talent of Emmy the Great whilst still having a voice so powerful it could almost rival Florence's, not an easy thing to accomplish. She's still operating very much under the radar, with only one E.P. to her name, but has managed to bag herself a place on the NME Radar Tour alongside Golden Silvers and Local Natives.


If you're going to Reading then try and catch her playing Little John's Farm, she'll be definitely worth a watch.


Marina and the Diamonds' Crown Jewels E.P. is available on iTunes.
www.myspace.com/marinaandthediamonds




Marina and the Diamonds- I Am Not A Robot.MP3

No comments:

Post a Comment