Tuesday 11 August 2009

Songs to Make you go Aaaw..

Possibly the quaintest songs I've ever heard. Beautiful.


Coeur de Pirate

This week I've been obsessed with all things French; binging on Nutella and a whole lot of bread, and I finally got round to watching Persepolis which I'd definitely recommend if you want a bittersweet tale of war and, errm, Punk. I've also been lucky enough to find this song by Coeur de Pirate, a solo project of French Canadian Beatrice Martin, that's guaranteed to give you toothache with it's saccharine sweetness.

Coeur de Pirate- Comme des Enfants.MP3


I also managed to unearth an unfamiliar Soko track that absolutely melts my heart. I really am pathetic when it comes to music, aren't I?

Soko

This song is drenched in naive innocence and shows the usually blunt and cold Soko as a vulnerable girl in love. Aaw bless.


For fans of plinky plonky piano, I'd definitely check this out:

Soko- Take my Heart.MP3

No comments:

Post a Comment