Tuesday 18 August 2009

Marmaduke Duke

Just found an interesting take on The Cure's Friday I'm in Love.' Not quite sure what to make of it, it's certainly taking it in a completely different direction, I'm just not sure where to.



Marmaduke Duke- Friday I'm in Love.MP3

I am definitely a purist when it comes to The Cure, so I don't think it has a patch on the original track, which was one of my favourites growing up. It's certainly not the worst thing I've ever heard though, I like the drum rolls though, gives it more of a military and slightly Bloc Party-esque vibe.


However, I am much more of a fan of Marmaduke Duke's new album. I quite enjoyed their debut but I love how much poppier their second outing is, definitely much easier on the ears than some of their previous stuff. I've been playing it on repeat all day today, and this song really sticks out to me as easily one of the best on the album. What I love more though is Jacknife Lee's Remix of the track, it's fat with a PH.



1 comment: