Tuesday 23 March 2010

Finally my Glasto dream lineup is shaping up quite nicely!

Rockin' banjo band Mumford and Sons have been confirmed by my favourite farmer Michael Eavis that they are to play The Park stage at this year's Glastonbury Festival.


I am quite literally as giddy as a schoolgirl to hear that these guys will be gracing my spiritual home with an appearance. Ever since the release of their debut I've fallen head over heels for Mumford and co. Infact, it's hard to think of anything NOT to like about them. Innovative, hearty music that just screams DANCE, without being drenched in vocoder or troweled in Mockney accent (Daisy Dares You, anyone?) To be honest, I'd even go as far as saying they are one of the finest bands to emerge from the last 5/10 years.. I can almost envisage it now: as the sun begins to set atop the glorious Park stage, a few thousand people all standing in this fairylit wonderland, swaying to the breathtaking 'you are not alone in this' refrain during Tinshel, completely content and at one with the world. Right before Little Lion Man starts playing and everyone goes apeshit.

Bring it on.



I know I'm a bit behind the times with this, but I've been very lazy lately with updating. Expect more frequent posting.. when I can be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment