Tuesday 9 March 2010

Out For Blood


Blood Red Shoes are back- yay!

Blood Red Shoes "Colours Fade." from phil tidy on Vimeo.


This is so much heavier than their older stuff, I love how much of a growl there is to the guitars. At seven minutes long it's almost more of a call to battle than anything else. I love how the vocals are simultaneously intense yet sleek, reminds me a bit of The Subways in terms of harmonies and overall style (where have they been lately??), a trait that's missing from a lot of music out there at the minute. However, after a few listens of their new album it does come across that there's something missing; that little component that can make all the difference between a record that's mediocre and one that's awesome. I'm not too sure what that thing is though, maybe it's just a case of depth.

There's a few songs on the LP that are irrestibly charming in a sulky teenager kind of way (and by that I'm not talking about the vacuous mess that is Avril Lavigne and others of that ilk), perfect for stomping around to. I imagine these guys would be brilliant live as well, they're doing Glasto this year so I'm definitely putting them on the list of bands that I'd like to see but never will get around to seeing (Coming soon to a Spotify near you..).

I think there's still a lot of growth to be seen from Blood Red Shoes, but to be honest, at the moment this isn't that pressing an issue. They may have a long way to go before reaching the recognition they deserve, but they're certainly not one to pass by in the meantime.

Fire Like This is out now, you can download it from Amazon or iTunes. If you're still curious then check out their back catalogue on Spotify.

Happy listening!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It's great :D
    Actually found you on Frank Turner's little comment box thing. You said you're going tonight, moi aussi.
    Should be ace :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you very much, glad you like it :)

    Eee I actually can't wait until the gig, should be amazing. Apparently the support is pretty decent too which should be good. :D

    ReplyDelete